The Importance of Trenching and Excavating Safety
This course is designed to provide students with individual competency related to trenching & excavating safety requirements outlined in 29 CFR § 1926 Subpart P.
Course topics include:
- Competency requirements
- Trenching fatalities & injuries
- Cave-ins and consequences
- Soil classification & stability
- Soil types
- Soil tests
- Signs of soil distress
- Trench protective systems
- Sloping & benching methods
- Shoring & shielding methods
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Water accumulation in trenches
- Protecting employees from falling soil and equipment
- Trench inspections
A certificate of completion will be issued to each student upon successful completion of the course.
Take a look at our brochure for more information on our Trenching and Excavating Safety course.