Identifying Alcohol and Substance Abuse
This course focuses on annual training requirements regarding alcohol and substance abuse found in 49 CFR § 382 for organization supervisors and owners that have employees with a commercial driver’s license.
Learning to identify and prevent this abuse, particularly among employees who spend extensive time on the road, is crucial to both employee safety and company reputation.
Discussion topics include:
- Substance abuse
- Commonly abused drugs
- Medical review officers (MRO)
- Testing (Pre-employment, post-accident, random, etc.)
- Reasonable cause situations
- Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- Alcohol’s impact on driving
- DoT required testing
- Signs & symptoms of alcohol abuse
Take a look at our brochure below for more info on the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention course.